Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Posting Date: December 17, 2019
Nation Motor Club, LLC d/b/a Nation Safe Drivers, NIU of Florida, Inc., National Adjustment Bureau, LLC, Nation Safe Drivers Services, Inc, and National Insurance Underwriters, LLC (collectively, "NSD") values the trust that our clients and business partners put in us to safeguard your Personal Information.
1. Information NSD Collects
NSD collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("Personal Information").
The following table identifies the categories of Personal Information NSD collects or has collected within the last twelve (12) months. NSD will not collect additional categories of Personal Information without providing you notice.
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
*Please note that some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.|
2. How NSD Collects Personal Information
NSD may collect Personal Information falling into one of the above-listed categories actively or passively.
NSD may collect information directly from you. For example, we may collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Enroll in a program or purchase a service directly from NSD
- Make a claim that NSD services and processes
- Create an account on the Site.
- Participate in optional surveys.
- Correspond with us through message boards, chat sessions, email, messages delivered via a portal accessed on the Site, telephone conversations, and letters of correspondence.
We may also collect information from you from the following categories of third parties:
- Business partners from whom you purchase a benefit or service provided by NSD.
- Business partners who enroll you in program or service provided by NSD.
- Business partners and insurers on whose behalf NSD processes claims.
When accessing, browsing, or using the Site, our software may automatically collect certain information from your device (e.g., computer, smartphone, and tablet) using "cookies" and other tracking techniques, or by collecting platform information from our servers.
Information Collected by "Cookies" And Other Tracking Techniques
NSD, as well as our vendors or business partners, may use various technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you when you access, browse, or use the Site. For additional information, including how to block cookies, please see "NSD's Use of Personal Information" below. You may still use the Site if you reject, block, and/or delete our vendors' or our cookies, but please note that you may not be able to access some areas or features of the Site.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record certain information about the device (e.g., a computer or mobile device) you used to access the Site. Such information, often referred to as "log file" information, may include your device's Internet Protocol address, operating system name and version, and browser name and version, as well as the referring URL, number of times your device has accessed the Site, pages of the Site you viewed, links you clicked, and other information about your visit to and use of the Site.
Collecting Personal Information from Children
Because NSD is committed to protecting the privacy of children, the Site is not intended for use by or directed at children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect, via the Site or otherwise, Personal Information from anyone under 16 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online and mobile activities and interests.
3. NSD's Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. Similarly, if you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment.
- To provide, support, personalize, and improve and enhance the user experience while navigating our Site.
- To process a claim you make.
- To provide you with a benefit or service to which you are entitled.
- To provide, develop, evaluate, and improve our products and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, transactions, and payments, and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To deliver content, information, and product or service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
4. How and When NSD Shares Your Personal Information
NSD does not and will not sell your Personal Information. NSD may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we take reasonable steps to ensure that our business partners and service providers who receive your Personal Information protect it. As needed, and where and when required by law, NSD will enter into a contract that describes the purpose for which the business partner or service provides can use your Personal Information and requires the recipient to keep your Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the purpose described in the contract.
We share your Personal Information for business purposes with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Insurers on behalf of whom we provide claim processing.
- Banks or financial service providers, if necessary to provide you with a benefit or process a transactions.
- Entities which have agreed to pay NSD to administer a service or benefit to you on their behalf.
NSD and our business partners/service providers may use one or more of the above-described cookies to facilitate access to various features of the Site.
5. NSD's Past Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, NSD has disclosed to third parties (i.e., our business partners and service providers) the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
6. How NSD Protects Your Personal Information
While no website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, NSD is committed to maintaining up-to-date and appropriate security measures and safeguards. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of your personal information. For example, our employees' computers are password protected, and we provide regular education to our employees regarding our security and privacy practices.
7. How NSD Communicates with You
Many of our products and services utilize SMS messaging to update you on the progress of your service or to gain additional information on your service throughout the process. You may opt to not receive text messages by declining the feature when asked by your customer service representative. If you agree to receive SMS messages, we will provide you with an option to respond to an SMS message in manner that will allow you to opt out of receiving future SMS messages. In some instances where we have an existing relationship with you, you may not have previously received an option to opt out. In such circumstances you can always opt out of receiving future texts by contacting us through any of the means described in Section12.
8. Special Information for California Residents
California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100-90) ("CCPA"), which are explained below. Please note that the rights described in this section do not apply to Personal Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as:
- Publicly available information from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Right of Access to Specific Information
As a California resident, you have the right to request that NSD disclose certain information concerning our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information.
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Data Portability
As a California resident, you have the right to request that NSD provide you with the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will provide with your choice of an electronic or physical copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected from you, provided that such Personal Information has not been anonymized or aggregated in a manner in which we can no longer associate with you.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
As a California resident, you have the right to request that NSD delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
California residents may also request the deletion or removal of their Personal Information by contacting the company through which an NSD product or service was purchased and ask such company to send notification to NSD to delete or remove any Personal Information.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a product, service, or benefit that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug the Site to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
In the event NSD cannot presently honor a deletion request, NSD will provide an anticipated date that such information will be removed once we have received a request to remove this data. In the event your purchasing outlet has gone out of business, you may elect to have NSD remove information about you directly, but please be advised that the deletion of data may prevent you from being identified and qualified for specific products and services in the future.
Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by any of the following:
- Calling us at 1-800-338-2680
- Messaging us online, below: Contact Form,
- Writing to us at: Nation Safe Drivers
800 West Yamato Road, Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Attention: Compliance Department
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we may deliver our written response to you via that account or information you provided when you created that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Rights under California's Shine the Light Law
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents who use of our Site to request certain
information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request,
please send an email to us via our below contact form, or write us at:
800 West Yamato Road, STE 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Attn: Compliance Department
9. Third-Party Websites
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas, such information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
NSD is located in the State of Florida, and the Site is intended for users in the United States. Except as otherwise provided, by viewing any content or otherwise accessing the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to the United States to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under the laws and regulations of the State of Florida and the United States.
12. Contacting NSD
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which NSD collects and uses your information, your choices and rights
regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us through any of the following:
By phone: 1-800-338-2680
By writing to us at:
Nation Safe Drivers
800 West Yamato Road, STE 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Attention: Compliance Department
By our website form: