Tire and Wheel
To report a claim, members should contact our claims center Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time. Authorization is required prior to repair or replacement of any wheel, and prior to replacement of any tire. Please note that we reserve the right to deny any claim submitted without authorization. All claims must be reported to us within 60 days from the date of loss. Every attempt should be made to repair rather than replace damaged property. We will only pay for the reasonable cost of repairs unless it can be demonstrated that the damaged tire(s) and/or wheel(s) could not be repaired.
- Procedures During Working Hours:
- Call us toll free at 888-684-9327 to report your claim. Select item one (1) from the menu. Your call will be directed to one of our tire and wheel claims specialists who will be happy to assist you with your claim.
- You will be asked for the following information:
- Year, make, model and mileage of your vehicle.
- Position of the damaged tire(s) and/or wheel(s). For example, right rear tire.
- Tread depth of damaged tire. This should be given in 32nd’s of an inch.
- Make, model and size of the damaged tire(s). Example: XYZ Brand Tire 245/55/ZR17.
- How and where the tire(s) and/or wheel(s) was/were damaged. Note: a blowout is not a cause of damage but rather the result. We will need to know what caused the damage.
- The name of your repair facility.
- You will be given a claim number, and you will be advised to have your repair facility contact us for authorization.
- We will send you a Proof of Loss form which must be completed and returned with the following documents: the original, paid repair invoice, legible copies of the front and back of your Tire and Wheel Protection agreement, and a legible copy of your vehicle purchase order or finance agreement. NOTE: we reserve the right to request additional documents in support of your claim.
- When your chosen repair facility contacts us, we may grant authorization if it appears to us that the damage will be covered and that the costs are reasonable. In the event that we give authorization, we will fax a confirmation to your repair facility. Please confirm with the repair facility that we have reached an agreed price before you authorize the repairs. Otherwise, you may be held responsible for amounts charged in excess of what we believe to be reasonable.
- IMPORTANT: We reserve the right to inspect any damaged tire(s) and/or wheel(s) prior to its repair or disposal. Failure to allow inspection may result in claim denial.
- Upon receipt of all required documentation, the claim will be reviewed and a decision rendered, typically within seven (7) business days.
- Procedures After Working Hours- In the event that both the damage occurs and repairs must be effected after our regular business hours or during a weekend, please be advised of the following procedures:
- You must call our claims center ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY to report your claim.
- Obtain a proof of loss form from this website.
- Complete and return the proof of loss form with the documentation referenced in item A. 4. above.
- Make sure that your chosen repair facility retains the damaged tire(s) and/or wheel(s) for our inspection. Failure to retain the damaged material may result in claim denial.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that alloy wheel damage can often times be repaired. In the event that damaged wheels are replaced, your repair facility must document the reasons why wheel repair was not possible. They should then attempt to obtain a remanufactured wheel to replace the damaged wheel. If this is not possible, your repair facility may replace the damaged wheel(s) with new wheels provided that the cost of the wheel does not exceed $400. If the wheel cost exceeds $400, you must contact our claims center during regular business hours for authorization and follow the procedures in section A. Again, wheels must be retained for our inspection, and failure to do so may result in denial of the claim.
Please be advised that this is a generic claim instruction site and contains instructions regarding several types of coverages. Information displayed here does not imply or suggest that your contract contains these coverages and provisions. Should you have any questions regarding coverage, please read your contract carefully and/or consult your dealer/agent. Please see your contract for specific terms and conditions.