Identity Theft is the fastest growing crime in America. In a matter of seconds, personal information such as a social security number,
a credit card number and/or an address can be stolen; leaving individuals to unravel the financial mess created by an identity thief.
Members will have 24/7 access to Identity Theft Restoration Advocates who will provide them with comprehensive, personalized recovery services. (Please see contract for the specific terms and conditions of coverage.)
If a member becomes a victim of identity theft, NSD assigns a Recovery Advocate to manage the case and activate the members of our Recovery Team (fraud investigators, legal counsel, and other experts) needed to help with the recovery process from beginning to end. This includes:
- Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
- Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific "Fraud Packet" via certified mail with prepaid return instructions.
- Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the member’s behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions.
- Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service.
- Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
- Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, to reinforce member’s rights.
- Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports.
- Utilize real-time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable.
- Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
- Provide members with a "Case Completion Kit" including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for their personal records.
Each member will also receive up to $25,000 worth of insurance coverage provided by a member company of American International Group (AIG) Inc. This coverage will help offset some of the cost of restoring your identity to its original status including:
- Lost wages up to $500 per week for 4 weeks, which includes remuneration for vacation days, floating holidays, and paid personal days.
- Fees for re-filing of loans.
- Defense cost for certain civil lawsuits brought against you by a creditor, for non-payment of goods or services or default on a loan as a result of a stolen identity event.
- Cost of removing any civil judgment wrongfully entered against you as a result of the stolen identity event.
- Reimbursement of fees.
Please see your contract for the specific terms and conditions of coverage.